Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hempstead, Byford families

"Barry" writes:

I am researching the Hempstead family, and have just discovered the wonderful local history society 'A Glemsford family in the 19th Century' four part article by Sheila Willmoth.

I am descended from the William Hempstead and Kezia Byford part of the family, and would welcome help from anyone to go back beyond 1800.

Also I intend to visit Glemsford in 2009, and try to view the parish registers - How do I do this?

Thanks for your comment, Barry. Most of the Glemsford registers and related material are in the County Record Office in Bury St Edmunds.

SC

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have only just seen your reply to my question in 2008 due tom illness, but greatly appreciate it, and hope to come to Glemsfodr, and Bury St Edmunds in 2010.
Best regards Barry Hempstead

7:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home