Saturday, November 03, 2007

Oakley-Jackson-Gridley-Mortlock

Susan Catudal, in Montreal (via London), has been in touch about her family, part of which emerged from Glemsford. I have been able to offer some general assistance, but would like to see what people have to offer about these points:

One missing link in my family tree is with an ancestor named Emma Mortlock.
Born in Glemsford in 1849 to Caroline Mortlock( 1820). No father is named on Emma's birth cert, so she was given her mother's surname.
Emma married Abraham Oakley Jackson in 1869 and the following year my Grandfather, Harry Jackson was born.
I would like to find relatives of his 2 brothers -Johnny Jackson(1876) and Percy(1884) - all born in Glemsford.
Harry eventually came to London after the Boer War.

Another 'mystery' is that Abraham Oakley Jackson seems also to be named after his mother, Amelia Jackson(1832).
I did, curiously enough, find one Abraham Oakley(1836) who I assume was with Amelia Jackson, but maybe never married her.

I found on a census a brother for Abraham Oakley Jackson being born in 1854 , being raised by an Abraham Oakley! I would like to know if A Oakley was indeed the father and why the children were surnamed Jackson!

If anyone can help, Susan's email address is:
susancatudal AT videotron.ca

(if you're a real person rather than one of those infernal Spam machines, you'll be able to replace the AT with an @ - and no spaces!)

or, of course, you can contact me!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home