Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lost contacts

One of the problems with a site like this, and a page like this, is that it has been going so long that some of my contacts have moved on, changed their email address, or given up the search altogether.
These two emails I received from Derek benton highlight this point:

1) I'm writing in reference to the posting made by Janie Richter as I have
direct ancestry with the ALLEN, FARROW and BYFORD names in Glemsford.
If she could email me direct that would be super.

2) I'd also like to write in reference to the posting made by Chris
Bentall/Derek Wordley.
He was asking about the ancestry of Thomas ALLEN who married Maria STEWARD
in 1859.
Thomas' parents were William ALLEN and Sarah TWINNS.
William ALLEN was the youngest brother of my 4th-G-grandfather, James
ALLEN.
I have info on the ALLEN family going back a number of generations.
If he wants to email me that would be great and I can pass over any info I
have.

Unfortunately, I seem to have lost touch with at least two of these earlier contributors to whom Derek refers.

If any of them is still out there, could he or she get in touch with me, and I'll pass the information on to Derek.

Steve Clarke: admin@glemsford.org.uk

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home