Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hempsteads

Hi,
I am reseaching my father's family tree, and I have lots of information on the Hempstead side, including copies of the Hempstead gatherings.

My grandmother's name was Alice Hempstead (1895), her father was Harry Hempstead (1861) and mother Florence? (1866).

They were all born in Sudbury, Suffolk.

Alice had a sister called Florence (1892) and Gladys (1899) and a brother, Bertie (1886).

Harry's father was George Hempstead (1829), wife: Hannah Murrells (1830); they had 6 children.

I can go on: is this relevant to any body else's family?

Annette, nee Hancock

I already know of several Hempstead researchers (and associated families) - and will obviously put people in touch with each other - but, if anyone else has something to add ...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am researching the Hempstead family, and have just discovered the wonderful local history society 'A Glemsford family in the 19Th Century' four part article by Sheila Willmoth. I am descended from the William Hempstead and Kezia Byford part of the family, and would welcome help from anyone to go back beyond 1800.
Also I intend to visit Glemsford in 2009, and try to view the parish registers - How do I do this?

7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home