Friday, September 15, 2006

Help needed for the Oakley family.

I am trying to find out when my Great Great Grandmother Mary Ann Oakley was born in Glemsford and any information that would help me to take the line back further.

The census information gives birth dates of 1835-1842 and I can find no suitable entries on the birth, marriage and death indices.

Her parents were Timothy who married Amelia Edwards in 1831 in Glemsford.

On the 1841 census she is shown living with 2 older bothers, William and Hezekiah, and one younger brother Thomas at Creeksea in Essex.
Timothy died in 1849 and the family fell on hard times with Amelia being sentenced to a year in prison in 1851 and Mary Ann ending up in Rochford Union Workhouse, Rochford, Essex.
There are 3 Oakley brothers born between 1843-1846 also in the workhouse at this time who may or may not be connected to Mary Ann.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Angela Levett

As usual, if you can help Angela, contact me and I will put you in touch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home