Monday, March 14, 2011

Hambling family

Mavis Douglas has contacted me:


I have been researching my paternal family history for some years.

Recently I discovered a Jonathan Hambling born 1624 - just recorded - of Suffolk. Researching even further I have come across a Johannes Hambling Christened 21.12.1624 at Glemsford, Suffolk.

Is it possible there is someone out there who might have some knowledge of the Hambling clan and what part they played within the village?

I have discovered variations of the surname dating back to the 11th Century living in Essex; and there is even a Sir, but so far have no knowledge as to whether all the Hamblings of East Anglia are actually related. A future project I suspect!

As always, if anyone can help Mavis, please get in touch via admin@glemsford.org.uk


SC

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home