Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Reader Marriage


Ann Roberts has contacted me:

Does anyone know of the marriage of a Susan or Susanna (born Glemsford circa 1791, maiden name unknown) who married Francis Reader (born Isleham, Cambs circa 1790), probably around 1809?

There’s no record of the marriage in the Isleham PR’s and I can’t find it on the IGI – although that’s obviously not to be relied on! Francis and Susan(na) settled in Fordham, Cambs and had 11 children there.

If anyone stumbles across this marriage or has it on their tree, I’d be thrilled to hear from you and happy to share information..

If anyone can help, I will pass on details.

SC

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous tony reader said...

Francis Reader was my gr.gr.gr.grandfather. I have been trying for some time now to find out who his parents were.My info shows they had six children so was surprised to learn they had five more.The only info I can give regarding marriage is Susannas maiden name was Hitch, born abt 1778 and married in Isleham 22 Jan 1799

10:33 am  
Blogger Steve Clarke said...

Ann Roberts, who posted the original question about the Reader marriage, would very much like to contact Tony Reader who posted the follow up comment.

If he could let me have his email address via admin@glemsford.org.uk, I shall pass it on to Ann so they can talk to each other!

SC

6:18 pm  
Blogger Sue said...

I think the marriage you have isn't the correct one.

From Isleham parish registers.

Francis Reeder, of the parish, widower
ELIZABETH Hitch, of the parish, widow

by banns
22nd January, 1799
witnesses
Robert Norman
Wm. Groomes

9:15 pm  
Blogger Steve Clarke said...

From Ann Roberts:
Thanks Sue! I have the same as you, from Isleham PR’s – possibly the parents of Francis who married Susanna from Glemsford. I’m still searching for the Francis/Susanna marriage, circa 1809.



Ann

8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home