Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Bigg Family

Merv Aitken has contacted me from New Zealand:

During my browsing I came across the Glemsford Family History website edited in

2005 by Steve Clarke. I am currently researching a part of the BIGG family from the
1600-1700 period, and was interested to see that Julie Pierson had several entries
asking for information re this family.

Unfortunately there was no email address on any of her entries. Would it be possible
for you to provide me with a current address? -- or even a suggestion as to how I could
contact her.

I would also be most interested to make contact with anyone else in your group,
who has an interest in the BIGG family.

Unfortunately, because of changes in my system ("Wot system?" I hear you cry), I do not have an up-to-date address for Julie. If you can help, contact me and I'll forward details to Merv.

SC

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Steve,

I am fairly certain that I have just made the link from my family tree to the Bigg line in Glemsford.

My Gt GrandFather was 'George Sparrow Field' (1838- <1924)who was a coachman at Buckingham palace in the 1880s (23 Caroline Mews in 1881). His parents were Charles Field (1805-76) and Elizabeth Bigg (1807- <1881). Whilst they were both born and died in Gt Baddow, nr Chelmsford, I have spotted a couple of refs to Sparrow Bigg in Glemsford and have made the link, esp given the unusual 2nd name given to my Gt GrndFthr but don't have any other sources. Do you have any info on Sparrow Bigg or happen to know of his movements in Essex at the start of the 19th century?

I do not as yet know anything of Glemsford so will be interested in any local history that I can dig up
cheers, Jon.

ps - my family tree can be accessed from Ancestry site...

5:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, Julie Peirson here, I noticed Merv Aitken was looking for me, I didn't realise you never had my email address, not been on here for ages so didn't realise, i can let him have my email if someone can let me know how I can tell him without putting it on here publicly. many thanks, I'll check back soon. Julie

4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home