Monday, December 01, 2008

Wiseman Family, again

Peter Rogers has contacted me with some further thoughts and information concerning Sandra's search for the Wiseman family. This is what he said:

Steve,

Read you info ...
re: Wiseman family in that region.
I have information on my mother's side (née Wiseman) from an 1881 census. There seems to be some connection.

A John Wiseman, my GG Grand Father was born in Glemsford in 1830 (horse hair curler), married Amelia ?? (b. 1836 Whitechapel London).


They had 7 sons all born in Melford: Charles John, b.1861( Bread Baker), Walter b.1863 (horse hair curler), G William b.1867 (Labourer in factory), Thomas b.1869 (my great grandfather and lived mainly in London?? and married Annie Lewis b. 1869), Arthur b. 1871, James b. 1875, Joseph b. 1878.

John Wiseman may have been a son of Richard, and a twin of James - dates fit??
In 1881 they were living in Cock and Bell Lane, Long Melford.

I have yet to go back to earlier census info to track down more.


Peter Rogers
Canberra, Australia

Yet again, I am delighted, if not amazed, at the power of this medium. Thanks to you all.
If any one else has more to contribute, please let me know. Obviously, I have email addresses for most of my contacts, although I won't, as a rule, publish them here.

SC

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home