Tuesday, December 16, 2008

James Blair and the Silk Factory

Colin Young has approached me with this request:

My family is connected with James Blair who was manager at Glemsford Silk Mill, certainly by 1914. The purpose of this note is simply to ask if your Local History Society can furnish me with any details you may have in your records, regarding James Blair and, family members of his. Perhaps there is mention of him in old newspapers or, local trade directories etc?

I am trying to establish when he arrived in the area from Scotland, whereabouts he came from in Scotland and, what became of the family.

Any help you can give me will be most welcomed.

I have been able to find Mr Blair on the 1901 Census, when he was a single man of 31, living at the Silk Factory and employed as a Silk Throwster, but if anyone else can provide more information, I (and Colin) would be very grateful.

SC

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home