Friday, March 07, 2008

Brown Family and the Mysterious Mrs Frost


I have received this fascinating email and picture from Len Summerfield. If anyone can help, let me know and I will pass on contact details to Len.


I have attached a photo taken 1912 in Sudbury of:


Miss E. Wellington - born 1907 ... she became Mrs Ethel Summerfield, my mum.


Mrs F. Wellington - that is Flora Wellington nee Flora Gertrude Brown b. 1875 in Glemsford, married 1903 in Sherborne to William Thomas Wellington


Mrs S. Brown - Susan Brown nee Susan Ann Middleditch b. 1849 in Hawkedon. married in 1872 in Sudbury to Walter James Brown


Mrs Frost - I cannot work out who this person is ???????

The note on the back of the photo also says 'four eldest daughters'


I see from your note of 23 Nov 2006 that you are aware of Walter Brown and his family and their move from Glemsford to Sherborne and that Angela Russell is researching Walter James Brown's family.

Susan Middleditch's mother was Hannah Crack, father Henry Middleditch, so not her.

Walter's father was Charles Brown b c1822 and his mother was Sarah .....b. c1823 in Little Tey, Essex, so it may be her, but why would she have reverted back to 'Mrs. Frost'.

Any information or inspiration on identifying how Mrs Frost fits in would be much appreciated as I've run out of ideas.

Regards,

Len Summerfield

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Smith said...

Hello

I think I might be able to solve the mystery. If Susan Brown was the daughter of Henry Middleditch (born 1826) I can tell you that Henry's parents were John Middleditch and Sarah Frost. Could this be a photo of 4 generations?

regards

Michelle

7:57 pm  
Blogger Michelle Smith said...

Hello

I might have answer to your mysterious Mrs Frost. If Susan Brown was the daughter of Henry Middleditch who was baptised in 1826 then I can tell you that his mother was Sarah Frost wife to John Middleditch. This would seem to be a picture of 4 generations. I am very pleased to see this as Sarah Frost is also one of my ancestors.

regards

Michelle Smith

michsmith@talk21.com

7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home