Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Isaacs: Glemsford to Shropshire?

I have received this fascinating email from Daphne Thomas.

This is really just a long shot, but I have been researching some of my family history and it appears likely that some of my forebears may have come from Glemsford. The family's name was Isaacs (I have been told that a descendant was Marion Hood (born Sarah Isaacs) who was a famous singer in the nineteenth century - her portrait is in the National Gallery).

A family member has traced the father of Roger Isaacs, b. St Martins Shropshire in 1675 as John Isaacs of Glemsford b 1633 the son of John Isaacs b. 1579 and Rosa Griggs.

As I said its a long shot, but have you come across the Isaacs family, and do you know of any reason why John would have left Suffolk for Shropshire?

I would really appreciate any help the society could give me, but realise that everyone is probably tied up in their own research.

Anyway here's hoping!

Kind regards


Daphne Thomas


I can't locate anything immediately, but I expect someone out there can.
As usual, I have Daphne's address, and will pass on any hints, clues, pointers or other assistance.

SC

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Hi I have been researching my family name of Isaac which I have given a fair bit of information which has John born 1609 in Foxearths parents John Isaac and Rosa Griggs. John was born in 1579 in Glemsford parents William Isaac and Elizabeth Biles. I hope this helps in your research
Regards
Lorraine

11:37 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi I am decended from these Isaac's mentioned, any help with my tree would be much appriciated, last I have is Thomas Isaac 1715 Shropshire, do you know who his parent's were or any other information? I have his son as John Isaac 1750-1792.

thanks in advance

Angela Beckett

8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home