Monday, June 11, 2007

Whittle family of Glemsford

I am researching the Whittle family tree. My great great grandfather Elijah Whittle was born in Glemsford in 1839. His wife was Sarah Ann. His parents were Samuel (born 1815) and Elizabeth (born 1812). Samuel's parents were Robert (born about 1776) and Martha (about 1771).

If anyone has any links with any of the above it would be great to hear from them as I have managed to research my husband's family tree quite successfully but my own tree is looking somewhat sparse as the Whittles and most of my father's family moved to London.

Many thanks in anticipation with fingers firmly crossed .

Regards

Julia Hewgill


If anyone can help Julia, I will forward details to her.
SC

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From tne Suffolk Marriage Index

Samuel WHITTLE
Elizabeth BOREHAM of Boxted

22nd February, 1835 - Stanstead

5:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the National Burial Index

Robert WHITTLE bur. 26th May, 1858 - aged 85yrs - Stanstead


Martha WHITTLE bur. 30th August, 1853 - aged 79yrs - Stanstead

Samuel WHITTLE bur. 2nd November, 1853 - aged 38yrs - Stanstead

6:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elijah Whittle was also my ancestor.
He died in Brentford in 1918.
Elizabeth Boreham was the daughter of Ambrose and Martha Boreham.
Robert Whittle was the son of Edward Whittle and Mary Walker.

7:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

How do I email Mr Clarke?!

I would love to get in contact with Julia, I really hope you read this.

If you post another comment I will then leave my email address so you can contact me.

12:18 pm  
Blogger Steve Clarke said...

admin@glemsford.org.uk
will reach me - I try to avoid publishing emails within text, to avoid Spam - but feel free.
Steve

12:21 pm  
Anonymous C said...

The last two posts were mine as well...

Sorry, I forgot to add that Elizabeth Boreham was not the daughter of Ambrose and Martha - I was mistaken.
She was the daughter of John Boreham and Ann Copsley and had a sister, Susan.

Julia, perhaps you'd like this:

http://familypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Elijah_Whittle_(1839-1918)

There's a fair bit of info there and I try to add to it regularly.
I am descended from Elijah's son George and have been in contact with descendants of him and his sister Rebecca.
Who are you descended from?

Hope to hear from you!

ps Thank you to the anonymous person who added the above info, I appreciate it as well

12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home