Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Looking for Ellen Butcher

Arnold Wilson (email address lodged with me) has written:

I am looking for information on my wife's Grandmother.
She was Ellen Butcher, born in Glemsford Nov 1874, was christened at St. Mary's Glemsford 1877.
She married Abraham White, born 1874 in Sudbourne, and lived in Ipswich where they had a family of six sons.
I need to know her parents and any other family members.
Would be grateful for any information .

Regards, Arnold

I have been able to let Arnold have some findings from the Census and Registers, so that we have fixed the Butcher family to the Debenhams, and later to a Welham family, but if anybody else has more to add, let me know, or add a comment.

Steve Clarke

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, not sure if any help but my grandfather was Abraham White, lived in Ipswich and had several brothers; he was killed in WWII in Singapore 1944. I have been unable to trace any further information about him but wondered if the person you are researching may have been his father? Best wishes Melissa

11:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home