Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Suffolk Soap: Mann and Boggis

Graham Mann has contacted me.

He noticed a posting on the old family history pages as follows:

Kirsty Stevens sent this request:I am researching the Mann family from Glemsford back in the 1700's. The family appear to have been soap and candle makers in the village so if anyone has heard or has any connections with this family then they can contact me

Graham continues:
My family (MANN) came from this part of Suffolk. My Great, Great Grandfather, George Henry Mann was born in Rattlesden in about 1829 and worked in Ixworth as, I believe, a soap maker and confectioner before moving to Essex as Master Baker.

He married Maria Boggis (from Bures St Mary), in about 1857.

I have managed to trace a branch back to 1756, but any 'padding' would be greatly appreciated.
If Kirsty would like to exchange any information I would love to hear from her.

Any information on the Mann (or Boggis) families would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Graham. He can be contacted via my email address, as usual.
Unfortunately, the email address I have for Kirsty seems to be long defunct, but if she happens to read this ...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsty is still an 'active' member on Genes Reunited, I have sent her a Message asking her to reply but last I heard , she had a ' new' generation to take care of.
- Clif ( London )

9:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our family history shows a Thomas Mann born 1783 Glemsford Died 1844 who married Constantia Ann Bigg born 1787 Glemsford died 1854 Colchester Essex. Have only recently found out about these details and would like to find more.

Pauline Cooper, Sydney Australia

12:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home