Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Strutt and Scott

It's something of a novelty to be reaching back to the 16th Century on these pages.

Donna Bailey (email address with me, as always) has asked me to add this search request.

I am trying to identify the correct parents for Julian/Juliann SCOTT who married John STRUTT on 21 Oct 1578 in Glemsford.

I think she may be the daughter of Richard and Joan SCOTT m. 8 Oct 1556 in Glemsford, but I have
only found evidence of children Dorothy & Joan (twins) and William for this couple.

I am also looking for the parents of Joanne IPSWICH who married Ambrose BIGGS on 3 Jun 1576 in Glemsford.

I also have an elusive HALLS family that aren't from Glemsford but are in the area. William HALLS married Margery BIGGS on 13 May 1628 in Glemsford.

They had a daughter Anna in 1629 in Glemsford and also a daughter Rebecca in 1641 in Hartest (my direct line). This is a very large gap between children so I am assuming there are more children baptised in nearby parishes.

If anyone can help me with any of these families I would love to hear from them.

Thanks for the posting, Donna.

Steve Clarke

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home