Thursday, October 26, 2006

More about the Craskes

Not that I ever doubted it, but it is always nice to get confirmation that people actually read and take note of these entries.

A few weeks ago I published some details about the Craske family and their migration to Lancashire.

Today, I received this from Bill Thurgood:

I was fascinated to read about your research on the Craskes who went to Lancashire.

This is also my family, my mother was a Craske descended from Ellen Craske of Shimpling, very much the same family.

Ellen had a child out of wedlock, in Stanningfield, and the father was William Cornish.

Now, he did not marry Ellen. Instead he married Henrietta Pettit, strangely this is the surname of the family who you discuss immediately prior to the Craskes on your blog page.

Our branch of Craskes went to Essex , but I now live in Cornwall.So imagine my surprise to uncover that my mother was really a Cornish by descent.

Thanks Bill. Anyone who wishes can add a comment or contact Bill via my address.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home