Friday, September 15, 2006

Cooks and Pages

Several members of my mother's family (Cook) were given the middle name "Page" but no-one knew why and my husband & I have been trying to find out for the past 40 years but got stuck with great grandfather William George Cook born in Poplar, London.

A few weeks ago I discoverd that his father, William Page Cook was born in Woodbridge, Suffolk.

This weekend we have made a remarkable break-through and found a Page Cook getting married twice in Sudbury in 1780 and 1788.

From there we have traced a long line of Cooks in Glemsford back to George Cook, son of Henry, who was born in 1581 and married Elizabeth Lawrence in 1609.

We wonder if any Cooks, Pages, Swans, Crissells, Everards, Jeffries, Lawrences or Holboroughes remain in the area.

Betty Davies

Betty has added:
I attach a file which shows this long association with your parish.
Mind you, it is based on IGI records and is as yet un-verified by reference to the original registers. Local experts may immediately spot obvious flaws, if so please do disabuse us.

If anyone would like to contact Betty, obviously it can be done through me. I'm also holding the details of Betty's research as shown in the tree, if anyone would like to have sight of it.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home